Frequently Asked Questions about Sperm Donation
Sperm Donation is a charitable act that allows many couples to fulfil their dreams of becoming parents. Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Sperm Donation.
If you wish to become a donor, you can call us (+34) 952 122 565 or sign up for our program by filling out the form that you will find at the bottom of this page.
- You must be between 18 and 30 years of age.
- You must have the full capacity to work and also be in good psychophysical health.
- You cannot have a personal or family history of genetic diseases.
- You cannot have a sexually transmitted disease.
- Males with azoospermia (a complete absence of sperm in the male’s semen).
- Males who have experienced a decrease in the number or motility of the sperm found in their semen after failed attempts at In Vitro Fertilization and couples who do not wish to try In Vitro Fertilization.
- Patients with chromosomal or genetic changes.
- Patients at risk of passing on a hereditary disease or condition.
- Women who wish to conceive but do not have a male partner.
- The initial contact via telephone or email.
- A personal interview.
- Thorough male infertility testing.
- A psychophysical exam.
- A comprehensive analysis to detect genetic and serological markers.
- The sperm for donation must be of optimal quality.
Once you have satisfactorily passed all of these tests, you can be a Sperm Donor with our Unit.
- A semen analysis.
- Blood type and Rh factor testing.
- Syphilis testing and serological studies for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV. Urinalysis for Chlamydia trachomatis.
- Fetal hemoglobin (HbF) to detect Thalassemia (Mediterranean anemia).
- The Karyotype (a chromosome analysis) and a genetic study to detect some of the most common diseases found the Mediterranean area such as Cystic fibrosis.
In order to become a sperm donor you must correctly fill in the following form. Depending on how many donors we need, we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
If you have any other questions or wish to receive more information regarding sperm donation, you can contact us by calling (+34) 952 122 565, or by sending us an email to email@example.com.
The sections on this form marked with an asterisk (*) are required.