What is the Embryoscope?
With this revolutionary technique we are able to obtain a huge amount of information about embryo development. We now have access to certain information that was once unavailable to us, such as: detection of possible cell division anomalies and normal embryo development. Also, given that we no longer need to manipulate the embryos or take them out of the incubator for observation, the conditions of the embryo cultures and the process of embryo selection for transfers and/or freezing has improved. All of these points show a positive outcome on treatment results, thus increasing one’s chances for achieving a pregnancy.
Advantages of the Embryoscope Culture
- Improves the process of embryo selection.
- Helps to optimize selection of the best embryos by allowing us to evaluate cellular division and morphological parameters, thus improving one’s chances for implantation by ten to fifteen percent.
- Betters embryo culture conditions given that we no longer need to manipulate the embryos or take them out of the incubator for observation.
What Patients Can Benefit From the Embryoscope?
Although the Embryoscope can be used for any patient undergoing an In Vitro Fertilization treatment, the chances of improved results are greater in the following instances:
- With patients who have an elevated number of embryos. We can select the best embryo since we have more information.
- With patients who have had previous unsuccessful attempts at In Vitro Fertilization.